1. Back Up All Your .pst files from Microsoft Outlook. Click Here To Learn How To Backup Microsoft Outlook Files
2.Open Control Panel
3.Double Click Mail
4. Click Add to Add A New Profile
5. Put a name and press ok, a new window will appear
6. click cancel/close on the new window
7.Then press ok
8.Your new profile name, will appear in the profile list
10. Click Data Files
11. Click Add
12. Select the type of storage (whatever microsoft outlook version you have)
13. Open the folder where you have put the back up copy of your .pst files
14. Click Ok , then again ok
15. Press Close
16. Click Email Accounts
17. Click View or change existing email accounts
18. Make sure that under deliver new email to the following location, the name of your folder is selected, press finish
19. Click Close
20. Click OK again
21. Close Microsoft Outlook, (kill the process by going to Task Manager)
21. Open Outlook Express
22. Click File > Import > Messages
23. Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Outlook
24. Chose the new profile name you added (if it doesn't prompt you means Microsoft Outlook ain't dead)
25. Click Ok
26. Select the folders to import
27. Click Next... it will start importing
28. Click Finish...
29. Voila!!!.... The Mails and everything has been imported with attachments 2
Choose Profiles and add a new profile. There is no need to connect an existing email address to the profile.
Once you've done that, the error message should be gone.
Import the file with File -> Import -> Messages -> Exchange. Eventually Express will ask for a .pst file.